- Requires polling places and precinct conventions to comply with the Texas Accessibility Standards.
- Requires that each polling place must provide at least one voting station that provides a practical and effective means for voters with physical disabilities to cast a secret ballot. An exemption for certain political subdivisions exists for non State wide elections.
- Provides for assistance in reading the ballot and/or voting.
- Allows the use of sign language interpreters or language interpreters for voters who cannot communicate in English.
- Provides for ballots to be brought to the curb, or polling place entrance, if the voter can not enter.
- Provides a system for early voting by mail with specific deadlines and restrictions.
- Allows for a citizen to vote without presenting ID if the citizen presents documentation of his or her disability from SSI or SSDI.
Relevant Federal Laws