Program Specialist I
Job #: 2014-41
TWC Job #: 4979428
Opening Date: 05/14/14
Closing Date: Until Closed
Travel Required: N/A
Monthly Salary: *$3,020.91- $4137.25
Position Location: State Insurance Annex, 221 East 11th Street
Group Step: B17
*Salary Commensurate With Experience
The Program Specialist position works within the Office of the Governor (OOG), Economic Development and Tourism Division (EDT) reporting to the Director of Business Development. Performs routine (journey-level) consultative services and handles a broad range of administrative, technical, and program support duties as assigned. Coordinates special projects and assignments with division staff and external organizations. Demonstrates efficiency, superior customer focus and strong interpersonal effectiveness. May assist EDT staff with special projects as assigned. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of independent judgment.
- Fulfills role of prospect specialist by receiving intake calls for Domestic Expansion and Recruitment (DER) & International Offices and inputting data into database.
- Ensures accuracy of prospect data.
- Works with DER manager and team members to ensure that projects move properly through the system and are assigned accordingly to staff members.
- Tracks projects through the database to ensure that information is correct and projects are current.
- Develops and maintains a database for located projects in the state in the promotion of retention purposes.
- Acts as a liaison between the state and Texas based companies.
- Coordinates Bi-monthly Matrix meetings with appropriate state agencies and assists DER team with preparation of briefing materials for meetings.
- Maintains a current EDT calendar specifically focused on Business Development (BD).
- Assists in planning, scheduling and coordinating meetings, events, special activities, conferences, travel and seminars as required to fully support BD Operations.
- Assists in tracking, communicating and reporting staff assignments, projects, schedules, deliverables, issues, actions and maintaining centralized files and calendars for BD.
- Assists in planning, preparing, and compiling division reports for measures.
- Remains well-informed of division and OOG initiatives, operations, new releases, web content, programs, statewide trends, OOG policies and procedures as required to support the work of EDT.
- Plans and coordinates special administrative assignments and helps in the preparation of contracts for the State of Texas NAFTA office located in Mexico City.
- Works closely with TexasOne's contractors and board to assist with trade missions, events, presentations, and members.
- Assists the marketing manager with preparation for Trade Shows and informational Packets.
- Attends Texas One events, Trade Shows, Conferences, Company meetings, and Site events when necessary.
- Assists with special projects where needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from a U.S. college or university with a degree in business administration, government, public administration or related field plus three (3) years administrative or program support experience in a high-volume customer service environment, or technical program area preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for each other on a year-for-year basis. Duties require demonstrated and sustained proficient use of personal computers and software applications as described, automated information tracking systems, and advanced knowledge of general office equipment, including copiers, faxes and other equipment as required.
To apply, you may download the uniform State Employment Application or request an application from the Office of the Governor Human Resources Division, State Insurance Building, 1100 San Jacinto, Room 2.300, Austin, Texas, 78701. If required in this posting, copies of college transcripts must be provided concurrent with application for further applicant consideration. For additional information, please call 512- 463-5873, or visit our agency's website. Dial 7-1-1 for Relay Services.
The Office of the Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Office of the Governor participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
- E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (English)
- Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Male candidates between 18 and 25 years of age are required to show proof of Selective Service registration (or exemption) prior to an offer of employment being extended. Such proof is not required to be filed with an application but must be provided upon request by the Human Resources office. For additional information pertaining to Selective Service registration, you may visit: http://www.sss.gov/
Notice to Applicants Who May Require Reasonable Accommodation in the Interview Process:
Applicants with disabilities who may need to discuss special accommodations during the interview process should contact 512-463-5873 and ask to speak to the Office of the Governor's Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator in the Human Resources Department. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.