Fellowships and Intern Positions
Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program will:
- Give students an overview of state government by working closely with staff in the Office of the Governor.
- Provide students with experience in a working office environment.
- Enhance appreciation of public service.
Fellows are assigned to work with the Governor’s staff.
Primary duties consist of:
- Performs support work for division program areas
- Provides project assistance
- Conducts research as requested for various projects
- Prepares correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents
- May research, compose, design, or edit agency publications, forms manuals and charts
- Assists with special projects
Fellowships are unpaid.
They are available to both college students and recent graduates.
SUMMER - June 1 - August 31, Deadline April 15th
FALL - September 1 - December 31, Deadline July 15th
SPRING - January 15 - May 31, Deadline November 15th
How to Apply:
Interested students must submit a Texas Governor's Fellowship Program application and resume. Students may request an application by contacting the Human Resources Division.
You may also download a Fellowship Application [150KB MS Word]
Fellowships are available in the following offices:
- Aerospace and Aviation
- Budget, Planning and Policy
- Support Serv./Computer Services
- Committee on People with Disabilities
- Correspondence & Constituent Communication
- Criminal Justice
- Economic Development and Tourism
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Legislative Office
- Press Office
- Texas Film Commission
- Texas Military Preparedness Commission
- Texas Music Office
- Texas Workforce Investment Council
- Women's Commission