Accounting Technician II
Job #: 2014-62
TWC Job #: 6321047
Opening Date: 08/21/2014
Closing Date: Until Closed
Travel Required: N/A
Monthly Salary: *$2,403.25 – 3,166.67
Position Location: 1100 San Jacinto, State Insurance Building
Group Step: A13
*Salary Commensurate With Experience
The Accounting Technician II position works within the Office of the Governor (OOG) Financial Services Division and reports to the Accounting Manager. Performs highly complex (senior-level) technical accounting support work. Work involves recording, classifying, examining and verifying financial records and reports. Works under limited supervision using specific procedures and guidelines to complete job assignments with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Prepares deposit vouchers and makes deposits within the statutory deadline.
- Codes and prepares entries for receipt of funds as assigned.
- Maintains agency records of gifts, grants and donations. Prepares invoices for expense-reimbursement donation commitments. Maintains open receivables file.
- Prepares agency billing invoices. Maintains accounts receivable open file, monitors for delinquent billings, and invoices for overdue payments per agency policy.
- Prepares non-profit organizations' payments on a timely basis. Receiving bills, obtaining authorization to pay and maintaining check registers.
- Maintains records of stock certificates.
- Prepares and enters assigned entries into the appropriate accounting systems.
- Maintains property accounting records, ensuring accurate entry of property records into the State Property Accounting System (SPA) and reconciling these records between the internal system and SPA quarterly.
- Gathers and maintains relevant daily and weekly bank rates.
- Prepares the quarterly Public Funds Investment Reports for various non-profit organizations as assigned.
- Maintains, files and stores accounting records per state retention rules.
- Assists with gathering data related to consumable inventory.
- Assists in document presentation of Annual Financial Report (AFR).
- Serves as back-up to accountants as necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Graduation from high school supplemented by 6 hours of college coursework in accounting. One year of office work experience. Work experience may be substituted for education on a year-per-year basis. Associates degree or equivalent coursework from an accredited college in accounting or business preferred.
To apply, you may download the uniform State Employment Application or request an application from the Office of the Governor Human Resources Division, State Insurance Building, 1100 San Jacinto, Room 2.300, Austin, Texas, 78701. If required in this posting, copies of college transcripts must be provided concurrent with application for further applicant consideration. For additional information, please call 512- 463-5873, or visit our agency's website. Dial 7-1-1 for Relay Services.
The Office of the Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Office of the Governor participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Candidates selected for interviews will be subject to background check and required to complete authorization form.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
- E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (English)
- Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Male candidates between 18 and 25 years of age are required to show proof of Selective Service registration (or exemption) prior to an offer of employment being extended. Such proof is not required to be filed with an application but must be provided upon request by the Human Resources office. For additional information pertaining to Selective Service registration, you may visit: http://www.sss.gov/
Notice to Applicants Who May Require Reasonable Accommodation in the Interview Process:
Applicants with disabilities who may need to discuss special accommodations during the interview process should contact 512-463-5873 and ask to speak to the Office of the Governor's Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator in the Human Resources Department. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.