Marketing Specialist II
Job #: 2014-28
TWC Job #: 4966015
Opening Date: 03/03/2014
Closing Date: Until Closed
Travel Required: 50%
Monthly Salary: *$3,020.91-$3,441.25
Position Location: 1100 San Jacinto, State Insurance Building
Group Step: B17
*Salary Commensurate With Experience
Position resides within the Office of the Governor, Economic Development & Tourism Division reporting to the Director of Tourism. Performs highly responsible professional and administrative work required for coordinating activities in international travel industry sales, public relations and advertising areas. Promotes Texas as a premier travel destination in European markets and other international and domestic markets to travel trade professionals, travel media, and consumers. Work involves organizing travel trade missions, travel trade shows, familiarization tours, media tours, educational seminars, and cooperative projects with tour operators, travel industry entities in target markets and Texas travel industry partners. Serves as a source person to field subject area questions from stakeholders. Position works under limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
· Assists with planning, coordination and implementation of marketing and public relations special events, to include but not limited to, trade show exhibitions, trade missions, educational seminars, speeches, interviews, consumer and trade promotions and/or any other special and related promotion that increases the awareness of Texas as a premier travel destination in the domestic and international target markets.
· Routinely reviews, edits, interprets, and composes reports, presentations, and special publications, including collateral and advertorial copy.
· Responsible for contract management oversight and coordination.
· Responsible for coordination of activities with public relations representation and advertising contractors.
· Coordination and solicitation of Texas partners’ participation in marketing, public relations, and advertising activities in target markets.
· Analyzes international travel market studies to advise on the thrust of travel trade and media programs.
· Coordinates through representation contractors on international media activities, i.e., interviews, seminars, presentations, editorial copy, press releases, media kits, and general dissemination of state tourism data and collateral materials.
· Coordinates shipments and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to international markets.
· Assists with tracking results of travel trade and media relations efforts.
· Responsible for fulfillment and follow-up of marketing and media leads generated through marketing and public relations activities and for the distribution of leads to state tourism partners.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree, preferably in public relations, marketing, communications or communications-related field plus two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience in planning, development and execution of travel industry marketing, travel trade promotions and media relations. Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis. Must be able to infrequently lift boxes, display material, etc. weighing approximately thirty pounds.
To apply, you may download the uniform State Employment Application or request an application from the Office of the Governor Human Resources Division, State Insurance Building, 1100 San Jacinto, Room 2.300, Austin, Texas, 78701. If required in this posting, copies of college transcripts must be provided concurrent with application for further applicant consideration. For additional information, please call 512- 463-5873, or visit our agency's website. Dial 7-1-1 for Relay Services.
The Office of the Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Office of the Governor participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
- E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (English)
- Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Male candidates between 18 and 25 years of age are required to show proof of Selective Service registration (or exemption) prior to an offer of employment being extended. Such proof is not required to be filed with an application but must be provided upon request by the Human Resources office. For additional information pertaining to Selective Service registration, you may visit: http://www.sss.gov/
Notice to Applicants Who May Require Reasonable Accommodation in the Interview Process:
Applicants with disabilities who may need to discuss special accommodations during the interview process should contact 512-463-5873 and ask to speak to the Office of the Governor's Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator in the Human Resources Department. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.