Marketing Specialist I
Job #: 2014-30
TWC Job #: 3223185
Opening Date: 03/11/2014
Closing Date: Until Closed
Travel Required: 20%
Monthly Salary: *$2,694.08 - $3,154.00
Position Location: 1100 San Jacinto, State Insurance Building
Group Step: B15
*Salary Commensurate With Experience
The Marketing Specialist position is hired to work within the OOG, Texas Film Commission (TFC), reporting to the Director of the Texas Film Commission. Designs and executes the TFC’s marketing communication materials and advertising from concept through fulfillment. Maintains the TFC website, Texas Online Production Directory and internal databases. Assists in executing events, advertising, promotional work and sponsorships for the TFC and its cooperative efforts with regional film commissions, film festivals and other organizations. Coordinates the use of, and maintains the TFC’s equipment such as laptops, digital cameras, tablets and projectors. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Assists the Sr. Marketing Coordinator in the TFC's marketing efforts for trade shows, film festivals, conferences and industry events, including representing the TFC at events.
- Designs concepts and ideas for TFC and cooperative marketing efforts and materials with regional film commissions, film festivals and other organizations.
- Maintains the content of the TFC's Web site, including updating industry news, announcements, calendar of events, and scheduled TFC program events.
- Responsible for communicating consistent messages and logo use across print and electronic media
- Ensures that key, strategic messages are communicated effectively to target audiences.
- Copy writes the TFC's website written content and all in house created marketing communication materials.
- Creates and executes designs for invitations, exhibit booths and marketing communication materials.
- Manages, budgets, orders and fulfills marketing communication materials and inventory such as brochures, program flyers, etc.
- Serves as primary point of contact for Texas Online Production Directory, internal databases and website and maintains its twice yearly review.
- Maintains the TFC's location resources internal database-driven system.
- Assists in editing and archiving digital location images on location resources internal database-driven system.
- Maintains and inventories the TFC's photographic and digital projection equipment, laptop computers and tablets.
- Effectively troubleshoots technology issues and liaises on its behalf with OOG/Computer Services.
- Provides administrative and customer service support regarding the TFC and other general Texas film industry inquiries.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in communications, public relations, radio/television/film, graphic design/advertising, Marketing or related field plus one (1) year of experience in a field relevant to assignment. Experience in Texas' film production industry preferred. Demonstrates strong graphic design, verbal, written, including copy writing, communication skills and the ability to independently design, proof and edit work to ensure quality and accuracy of content prior to release. Experience and education may be substituted for the one another on a year-for-year basis.
To apply, you may download the uniform State Employment Application or request an application from the Office of the Governor Human Resources Division, State Insurance Building, 1100 San Jacinto, Room 2.300, Austin, Texas, 78701. If required in this posting, copies of college transcripts must be provided concurrent with application for further applicant consideration. For additional information, please call 512- 463-5873, or visit our agency's website. Dial 7-1-1 for Relay Services.
The Office of the Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Office of the Governor participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
- E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (English)
- Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Male candidates between 18 and 25 years of age are required to show proof of Selective Service registration (or exemption) prior to an offer of employment being extended. Such proof is not required to be filed with an application but must be provided upon request by the Human Resources office. For additional information pertaining to Selective Service registration, you may visit: http://www.sss.gov/
Notice to Applicants Who May Require Reasonable Accommodation in the Interview Process:
Applicants with disabilities who may need to discuss special accommodations during the interview process should contact 512-463-5873 and ask to speak to the Office of the Governor's Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator in the Human Resources Department. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.