Texas Film Commission, Office of the Governor

Texas Laws Relevant to Filmmakers and Game Developers

Child Labor

Laws and regulations for resident and non-resident child actors and extras under the age of 18 working in Texas.

Filming on State Property

How to use a state-owned location for production.

Filming on Roads

How to use a road, street or public right-of-way during production.

Workers’ Compensation

Information about Workers’s Compensation Insurance coverage in Texas.

Reselling of Props, Costumes & Other Items

Requirements for reselling items used in production including props, costumes and office furniture.

Employee or Independent Contractor?

Information about hiring film crews.

Texas Talent Agency Act

Texas’ requirements for operating a Talent Agency in the State.

Pyrotechnic & Flame Effect Licensing

Rules for individuals working with pyrotechnic devices and flame effects.

Transporting Commercial Motor Vehicles into Texas

How to bring certain commercial vehicles in to Texas for production purposes.

Sales Tax Exemptions

Information on using sales tax exemptions for items and services used in production.

Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemptions

Requirements for having hotel occupancy taxes waived.

Tax Refunds on Fuels Used Off Road

Rules for obtaining fuel tax refunds.

Rabies Quarantine

Information on transporting coyotes, raccoons and foxes into Texas.