State Property Use
If you are interested in shooting at any property owned and/or operated by the State of Texas, the Texas Film Commission must be your first call. If your project is otherwise eligible, we will help you determine which locations suit your project, navigate you through the many rules and restrictions for filming at these facilities, as well as act as your liaison to the appropriate state agencies. We can also connect you to the appropriate people at municipalities for filming on city- and county-owned property.
In order for a production company to be eligible to conduct production activity on a state property, they must:
- Have production insurance in the amount required by the desired location that names the State of Texas as an additionally insured; and
- Be a film, television, photo shoot, or commercial project for educational, industrial, or commercial purposes.
A production company may be eligible to receive some or all of their filming days free from location fees if they meet the following minimum requirements, they must:
- Have production insurance in the amount required by the desired location that names the State of Texas as an additional insured; and
- Have a minimum in-state spending of $250,000 for film or television projects, or a minimum in-state spending of $100,000 for commercials.
- A Request for Use Application must be received before the commencement of production activity at the desired location, and must also include a certificate of liability insurance showing amounts and types of coverage mandated by the State of Texas; please budget for this coverage.
- Once an Application is submitted, the TFC will email the Applicant notifying them that their application has been received.
- The TFC Staff will then contact the Applicant to verify that all the information on the application is correct.
- The Staff and the state agency governing the Applicant's desired location will determine if the request is feasible based on location availability, description of production activity, and location's capabilities. At that time, the TFC will notify the Applicant in writing of whether or not their request has been approved.
SUBMIT ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS DIGITALLY