- Friday, October 24, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Nina Pham Being Declared Ebola-Free
"News that Ms. Pham is free of the Ebola virus is certainly reason to celebrate and I ask all Texans to join me in wishing her a full and speedy recovery. We thank her for her heroism and selflessness in the battle against Ebola. Rest assured, Texas will not let our guard down in doing everything necessary to protect our state and our citizens from this dangerous disease."
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseTexas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Holds First Public Hearing on Medical, Public Health Preparedness
The Texas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response, under the direction of Dr. Brett P. Giroir, today held its first public hearing at the State Capitol. The hearing focused on preparedness for initial identification and isolation of patients - one of seven areas of concentration for the Task Force - and included invited testimony from witnesses representing professions and institutions involved in disease identification and response.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014 College Station, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Tours Advanced Manufacturing Facility with Capability to Rapidly Produce Life-Saving Drugs
Gov. Rick Perry today toured the Texas A&M National Center for Therapeutics Manufacturing, one of the pioneering vaccine and therapeutic manufacturing facilities that comprise the Texas A&M Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing (CIADM).
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014 Dallas, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Announces North Texas Ebola Treatment and Infectious Disease Bio Containment Facility
Gov. Rick Perry today announced the creation of a state-of-the-art Ebola treatment and infectious disease bio containment facility in North Texas. Creation of such facilities was among the first recommendations made by the governor's recently named Texas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response in order to better protect health care workers and the public from the spread of pandemic diseases.
- Monday, October 20, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on 43 Texans Removed from Active Monitoring for Ebola
"With guarded optimism we welcome the news that 43 Texans have been removed from active monitoring for Ebola. Continuous vigilance in confronting this threat and the cooperation of those affected is what has brought us to this point, and we look forward to the day when the remaining individuals can also be removed from active monitoring."
- Friday, October 17, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Calls for Travel Ban from Ebola Outbreak Countries
Gov. Rick Perry today announced the first recommendations issued by the Texas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response. Gov. Perry created the task force, headed by Dr. Brett P. Giroir, earlier this month to assess the state's readiness and ability to respond to Ebola and other infectious diseases.
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Second Dallas Hospital Worker Diagnosed with Ebola
"This is the first time that our nation has had to deal with a threat such as this. Everyone working on this challenge - from the medical professionals at the bedside to the public health officials addressing containment of the infection - is working to end the threat posed by this disease. These individuals are keeping the health and safety of Texans and the needs of the patients as their most critical tasks. Every relevant agency at the local, state and national levels is working to support these individuals."
- Tuesday, October 14, 2014 London, United Kingdom SpeechGov. Perry's Remarks at the Royal United Services Institute
Gov. Rick Perry today delivered a speech on foreign policy to members of the Royal United Services Institute in London. The governor laid out the stakes in the fight Western nations presently face against ISIS and said the common values shared by the United States and allies like Great Britain are what will allow us to prevail.